Active wine cooler humidification — new and unique
Only for Black Edition 1-zone models.
No more worries about dried-out corks and oxidized wine.
When wine coolers work at room temperature, the cooling effect automatically brings the relative humidity inside the cooler to the desired 60% or so for optimal wine storage. However, during the winter months, central heating can dry out the indoor air significantly. The heating system in wine coolers located in cold cellars may also be activated, further exacerbating the dryness of the air. When these dry conditions persist over weeks or even months, the relative humidity within the wine cooler can drop severely enough to cause corks to dry out, letting oxygen into the wine bottle. When this happens, the wine obviously goes very bad, very quickly.
To address this scenario, SWISSCAVE has developed a unique, electronically-controlled, air humidification system, letting the user set the desired relative humidity level between 60 and 85% in the wine cooler. With the sensors, the intelligent control ensures that the desired humidity level is reached and maintained automatically using an humidifier. Thanks to the new convection humidifier, there is much less waterlogging.
SWISSCAVE launched product as a device to actively control and maintain both the temperature and the relative humidity inside the wine cooler.
In the following scenarios it is essential to ensure that the air surrounding the wine is raised to the neccessary level of relative humidity by means of active air humidification management:
- Normal room temperature (approx. 20° or higher), however, for a longer time period (months) dry air in the room
- Room temparature of only approx. 12-16°, and room air for a longer time period below 50-55% relative humidity
- Room is cool (below approx. 10-12°) for a longer time period
Further information on air humitdification can be found here.
- Humidification through surface evaporation
- Humid water dispersed via ventilation
- Relative humidity range: 60 – 85%
- Digital readout (set/current values)
- Water container (2l)
- Use distilled water
- In case of ambient relative humidity significantly above 50% leave water container empty (mould)
- available only for Black Edition 1-zone models
- humidification module occupies the place of 6-10 bottles
- can not be installed retrospectively