The Black Edition series is designed for a completely simple, puristic appearance. This wine cooler can also be used without a door handle, which makes it optically perfectly centered.
No more worries about dried-out corks and oxidized wine.
When wine coolers work at room temperature, the cooling effect automatically brings the relative humidity inside the cooler to the desired 60% or so for optimal wine storage. However, during the winter months, central heating can dry out the indoor air significantly. The heating system in wine coolers located in cold cellars may also be activated, further exacerbating the dryness of the air. When these dry conditions persist over weeks or even months, the relative humidity within the wine cooler can drop severely enough to cause corks to dry out, letting oxygen into the wine bottle. When this happens, the wine obviously goes very bad, very quickly.
To address this scenario, SWISSCAVE has developed a unique, electronically-controlled, air humidification system, letting the user set the desired relative humidity level between 60 and 85% in the wine cooler. With the sensors, the intelligent control ensures that the desired humidity level is reached and maintained automatically using an humidifier. Thanks to the new convection humidifier, there is much less waterlogging.
SWISSCAVE launched product as a device to actively control and maintain both the temperature and the relative humidity inside the wine cooler.
In the following scenarios it is essential to ensure that the air surrounding the wine is raised to the neccessary level of relative humidity by means of active air humidification management:
- Normal room temperature (approx. 20° or higher), however, for a longer time period (months) dry air in the room
- Room temparature of only approx. 12-16°, and room air for a longer time period below 50-55% relative humidity
- Room is cool (below approx. 10-12°) for a longer time period
Further information on air humitdification can be found here.
If desired, display trays are available, offering you an optimal view of the wine labels. This option can be ordered in the ‘Accessories’ section.
- Content: 450 litres (170 standard Burgundy bottles when using 4-5 shelves, 127 standard Burgundy bottles with 14 trays)
- 13 wooden pull-out racks on steel ball bearings, lockable (with structure to position the wine bottle precisely), 1 fixed shelf, 2 platforms for storing 1.5L and 3L bottles.
- Black anodized steel doorhandle, fully-glazed UV-resistant double glass door with a filigree precious black metal frame rim, door opens to the right (reversible)
- Casing: on the outside black steel, on the inside black aluminium
- Security door lock
- Active carbon filter: ensures good air quality
- Temperature range : 5 – 22 degrees Celsius
- Humidity: > 60 % (active electronic humidity management system optionally available)
- Humidification through surface evaporation
- Humid water dispersed via ventilation
- Relative humidity range: 60 – 85% (Digital readout set/current values)
- Water container (2l) use distilled water
- In case of ambient relative humidity significantly above 50% leave water container empty (mould)
- Electrical: 220V/50 Hz/ca. 0.4 kWh per 24h/compressor cooled
- Audible noise: 35dB (A), sound-absorbing recommendation
- Vibration-free/rubber bearing compressor
- Cooling unit driven by a JP-HE compressor (high efficient)
- Compressor-driven combined active/passive convection cooling provides optimized temperature control
- Automatic defrosting/container for condensation water
- Electronics: 2 digital displays (target/actual temp.) With Celsius/Fahrenheit switch, LED interior lighting
- Powerful Winter heating function
- Safety: at too large temperature fluctuations a temperature alarm starts
- Dimensions: 60cm wide, 70cm deep and 180cm high
- Weight: 95kg
- Adjustable feet to compensate for uneven floors
- Energy efficiency class A, Climate classification SN, CE certified
Pricing & Shipping
Free delivery in over 20 countries.
Shipping usually within 5-15 days, except for occasional supply delays. Expedited shipments on request.
Delivery in upland, island and outermost areas on request.